Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oh snap!

J.J. Abrams for Star Wars?

Still trying to figure out how I feel about it, loved Star Trek and Super 8.  I guess I think it's going to be a good thing.  There's honestly nowhere to go but up in my eyes since the new trilogy came out and stunk the place up.  But as Kanye put it, "No one man should have all that power." 

Star Wars and Star Trek?  What if they end up being painfully similar? What if they just aren't very good and it makes me hate his other movies retroactively because I'm bitter about him ruining Star Wars?  Also, do my strong feelings on the subject make me a sci-fi nerd?  Oh who am I kidding I was already. 

I guess I should look at the bright side.  Director uses the incredible range of special effects at his disposal very well, and that's something that's important in the Star Wars universe.  The major flaws in the new Star Wars trilogy mostly came down to acting and script, at least in my eyes, so hopefully this Disneyfied continuance will not have those flaws.  Guess the best thing is just to keep my fingers crossed and not let it affect my excitement for "Into Darkness."  Sherlock's in everything now and I love it.  

Do other people have opinions on this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment